[cairo] extend-reflect test hangs system

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 00:57:48 PDT 2007

Mathias Hasselmann wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 20.03.2007, 00:52 -0400 schrieb Jeff Muizelaar:
>> This is a known problem. Nobody has come up with a solution yet.
>
> Do we have a theory about the cause of the problem? Or do we know at
> least, arround which time that bug appeared? Could investigate the
> problem, but would like to operate with some kind of plan: Endless
> reboot-debug cycles are no fun...

I just downloaded and tested 1.4.2 and it did not hang my system:

Without X: 14 of 122 tests did not behave as expected (2 XPASS)

FAIL: clip-operator
FAIL: font-matrix-translation
FAIL: glyph-cache-pressure
FAIL: operator-clear
FAIL: operator-source
FAIL: select-font-face
FAIL: show-text-current-point
FAIL: text-antialias-gray
FAIL: text-pattern
FAIL: text-rotate
FAIL: unbounded-operator
FAIL: ft-text-vertical-layout-type3

XPASS: surface-pattern-scale-down
XPASS: surface-pattern-scale-up

With X: 18 of 122 tests failed

FAIL: clip-operator
*FAIL: dash-scale
*FAIL: dash-state
FAIL: font-matrix-translation
FAIL: glyph-cache-pressure
FAIL: operator-clear
FAIL: operator-source
*FAIL: pixman-rotate
*FAIL: random-intersections
*FAIL: rotate-image-surface-paint
FAIL: select-font-face
FAIL: show-text-current-point
*FAIL: source-clip-scale
FAIL: text-antialias-gray
FAIL: text-pattern
FAIL: text-rotate
FAIL: unbounded-operator
FAIL: ft-text-vertical-layout-type3

I notice that extend-reflect is not in the test suite any more.

Is there anything I can do to help resolve some of these failures?
  -- Bruce

===============
>> On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 10:18:43PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

>>> TESTING extend-reflect
>>> Test CAIRO_EXTEND_REFLECT for surface patterns
>>> extend-reflect-image-argb32 [0]:        PASS
>>> extend-reflect-image-argb32 [25]:       PASS
>>> extend-reflect-image-rgb24 [0]: PASS
>>> extend-reflect-image-rgb24 [25]:        PASS
>>> Failed to open display:
>>> extend-reflect-xlib-argb32 [0]: UNTESTED
>>> Failed to open display:
>>> extend-reflect-xlib-argb32 [25]:        UNTESTED
>>> Failed to open display:
>>> extend-reflect-xlib-rgb24 [0]:  UNTESTED
>>> Failed to open display:
>>> extend-reflect-xlib-rgb24 [25]: UNTESTED
>>> extend-reflect-ps-argb32 [0]:   PASS
>>> extend-reflect-ps-argb32 [25]:  PASS
>>> extend-reflect-ps-rgb24 [0]:    PASS