[cairo] Early Initialization?

Johannes Schmid johannes.schmid at openismus.com
Wed Mar 21 06:28:29 PDT 2007

Hi Behded!

Behdad Esfahbod schrieb:
>> Create an image surface and render something in the default language and
>> default font ("Sans"?) to it using pangocairo.
>
> For extra, do it for all font-descriptions that your UI uses (all
> "default" font face+size combinations).

I am not very familiar to cairo but I tried this without any speed-up:

context = pango_cairo_font_map_create_context (
	PANGO_CAIRO_FONT_MAP(pango_cairo_font_map_get_default()));
pango_context_load_font (context,
	pango_font_description_from_string("Sans"));

Maybe someone could point me to the methods I should use to render
something to the pango image surface because I could not figure out yet
with the reference documentation.

Thanks and regards,
Johannes