[cairo] Cairo on Mac OS X 10.3.9

Jeremiah Foster jeremiah at jeremiahfoster.com
Thu Mar 22 14:58:13 PDT 2007

Hello,

In trying to install Cairo on Mac OS X 10.3.9 I am running across some problems with
pkg-config files (i.e. cairo.pc) not being found.

I cloned cairo with git and read the README and INSTALL files. (The install file looks
to be standard boilerplate stating that one use the traditional recipe of ./configure
make and make install to install cairo but there is no configure script and the README
tells me to use autogen.sh instead. Using authgen.sh produces this error:

./autogen.sh: Error: Could not find pkg-config macros.
        (Looked in /usr/local/share/aclocal/pkg.m4)
        If pkg.m4 is available in /another/directory, please set
        ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /another/directory"
        Otherwise, please install pkg-config.

pkg-config is installed but in a different directory than normal (/sw/bin/pkg-config)

How do I alert the autogen.sh script to the presence of pkg-config and will that
solve my building Cairo problems?

Thanks,

	Jeremiah