[cairo] cropping an SVG image

jan aerts (RI) jan.aerts at bbsrc.ac.uk
Wed May 2 01:28:46 PDT 2007

All,

Is it in any way possible to crop an SVG surface? I've found code in one
of Carl's answers to do the very thing for PNGs
(http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/2007-March/009988.html),
but I just can't get it to work for an SVG or PDF... The trick seemed to
be to create a smaller surface and copy the wanted part from the big
surface onto that one.

(Sorry if this is a straightforward thing; I'm _really_ new to cairo).

Any help appreciated,
jan.

Dr Jan Aerts
Bioinformatics Group
Roslin Institute
Roslin EH25 9PS
Scotland, UK
tel: +44 131 527 4198
skype: aerts_ri

----...and the obligatory disclaimer----
Roslin Institute is a company limited by guarantee, registered in
Scotland (registered number SC157100) and a Scottish Charity (registered
number SC023592). Our registered office is at Roslin, Midlothian, EH25
9PS. VAT registration number 847380013.

The information contained in this e-mail (including any attachments) is
confidential and is intended for the use of  the addressee only. The
opinions expressed within this e-mail (including any attachments) are
the opinions of the sender and do not necessarily constitute those of
Roslin Institute (Edinburgh) ("the Institute") unless specifically
stated by a sender who is duly authorised to do so on behalf of the
Institute.