[cairo] Debugging cairo-related X hangs

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu May 3 13:14:22 PDT 2007

On Thu, 03 May 2007 13:10:36 -0500, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Unfortunately, no.  FC4 doesn't ship debuginfo RPMs for the X server, and my
> attempts to build a debugging-enabled RPM have failed...
> I don't really have a second machine to debug from, unfortunately, and using two
> servers running on the same machine doesn't seem to work (can't interact with
> either one while one of them is hung).

Well, you know what you need to do, or at least what you need to get
someone else to do.

Something that might on that second point is if you could write a
minimal test case, (say, a small C program), that triggers the
bug. Jeff Muizelaar even wrote a little wrapper to extract a sequence
of cairo calls from a running program which might be useful for you in
extracting a test case:

He originally described it here:

	http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/2006-November/008414.html

and provided the code here: