[cairo] Cairo and Glitz example

Daniel Amelang daniel.amelang at gmail.com
Tue May 8 11:21:18 PDT 2007

=On 5/7/07, Gerdus van Zyl <gerdusvanzyl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, there is only one glitz example but requires GTK. I am on win32,
> so before I download GTK devel I thought I would ask if someone had
> something that does not require GTK.

That page contains several examples which collectively should have all
the pieces you need to get a cairo+OpenGL+glitz program up and running
(without GTK). You just need to dig into the code a bit.

Personally, I would recommend starting with just a cairo+opengl (or
cairo+sdl) program. You only need glitz if cairo's image surfaces
prove too slow for your purposes. And changing from using image
surfaces to glitz surfaces is not that much work.

This is also a good starting place:

http://www.cairographics.org/SDLCLock

Dan