[cairo] Creating CMYK and spot colors using Postscript backend

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Fri May 11 07:50:39 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-11 at 05:18 -0400, Markus Meyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Cairo to create Postscript (EPS file) graphics and so far it
> works great! However, I cannot seem to find a way to output CMYK or spot
> colors instead of RGB colors. I know that full color management (as in
> ICC profiles etc.) is probably way beyond the scope of Cairo, but I'd be
> happy if there would be a simple user-defined table mapping RGB colors
> to CMYK/spot colors or something like that.
>
> What would it take to implement this? Or is this already possible with
> Cairo?

Hi Markus,

There is currently no support for other color spaces in cairo, no.
What it takes to implement is is a solid proposal of involved API and
how it should work, and well, a patch implementing that :).  Many times
though a solid proposals finds someone implementing it automagically.

> Markus

Cheers, and Have Fun with cairo!

--
behdad