[cairo] Is it possible to erase stuff drawn with Cairo from a PDF ?

Daniel Amelang daniel.amelang at gmail.com
Sun May 20 23:22:37 PDT 2007

On 5/20/07, rush ta <anjutagtk at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi...
>
> I am using cairo to create PDF which are data dependent,
> Is it possible to erase text, gradients drawn using cairo in a PDF later.
> Or can i update the previously drawn ones without affecting the file sizes
> ???

I don't totally get what you're asking, but it might help to know that
once the PDF has been fully generated by cairo, you can't go back and
change it using cairo. You'll need a PDF editing program for that.

Now if you're in the middle of drawing to a pdf surface in cairo,
you're always welcome to use the normal cairo drawing calls to change
what has been drawn.

That's the best I can do with the information you gave me. And about
file sizes, any change will probably be manifested by a change in file
size.

Dan