[cairo] cairo.svg

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Nov 7 15:39:41 PST 2007

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 21:26:47 +0200, Donn wrote:
> Am trying to fiddle with svgs in cairo. I have seen a few samples that:
> import cairo.svg, but I don't seem to have that module.

Can you tell us where? We've been trying hard to eliminate all
references to that obsolete binding.

> Where can I get it?

That cairo.svg thing was a mistake in the python bindings for
cairo---they were binding to a separate libsvg-cairo library as well
as to cairo in one set of bindings.

The current python bindings have been fixed, and meanwhile
libsvg-cairo has been totally abandoned ever since librsvg was hooked
up directly to cairo, (and librsvg does have python bindings).

> (rsvg does not work for me at all.)

I don't know what that means. But you would have to talk to the
librsvg folks about it, (or just manually do your own parsing which,
form further messages, sounds like what you're doing).