[cairo] Optimizing cairo + pixman [ was: Fwd: cairo+pixman profiling

Nguyen Vu Hung vuhung16plus at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 23:52:27 PST 2007

Hi all,

As mentioned in my previous email, the bottleneck of cairo + pixman
falls into fbRasterizeEdges ( pixman ) and  unpremultiply_data ( cairo
).

I want to optimizing them: make them faster.

What can I do? can gcc's -mmmx and -msse make anything faster?

Would it be faster if I write those two functions using inline assembler?