[cairo] Observations from a newb

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 01:04:16 PST 2007

> M is moveto, C is curveto, L is lineto, Z is closepath, f is fill, s is
> stroke, r is set_source_rgb etc
> a metadata file would look something like
> 10 10 M 100 0 L 100 100 L 0 0 L 1 0 0 r f
> Maybe I will give this idea a try.
I can't help but think that SVG already provides this data. It *is* the
metafile already. You are aiming at what I was trying. A way to "play" an svg
file out via cairo to a source.

I don't grok the difference between doing that and using librsvg (mainly
because I can't get librsvg to compile on my system.) It *sounds* like
librsvg is creating a "bitmap" of the svg file (like an export from inkscape
to a png) and this is a step too far for the idea.

SVG -> Parser -> SomeCairoObject (that contains commands to move_to, line_to
etc.)
(Oh and, does Cairo already do : Cairo commands -> SVG file with paths and not
some embedded bitmap ?)

How this works in a compiled language is beyond me. In Python it's simpler and
my sample app in the cookbook does it.

Apologies if I totally misunderstood you -- I'm not the brightest bulb in the
tulip bed :)

\d