[cairo] Looking for new maintainer.

Mike Emmel mike.emmel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 23:25:20 PST 2007

High all and sorry for the cross posting.

I have come to the conclusion that I simply do not have the time to
maintain and enhance the current
directfb gdk and cairo backends.

At the moment a number of significant improvements to the cairo back
end for example are
in DirectFB git repository. Also a number of bug fixes to the gtk port
from the Mozilla support
work remain uncommitted.

Hopefully some new maintainers can step forward.
Also I hope that the gnome and cairo teams can quickly give them commit rights.

On the plus side I'm still heavily involved in working towards new
api's for directfb that
will make it much more flexible and better suited as and alternative
to X11 and also
webkit but this work consumes all of my time.
I can continue to do some informal reviews of  the patches initially
and and available to look at and comment on bugs.

Thanks.