[cairo] Performance stroking lines

Rui Tiago Matos tiagomatos at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 13:50:42 PST 2007

On 15/11/2007, Peter Clifton <pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> I'll try sysprof again. It didn't seem that it'd be so useful to post
> info from, as its a GUI. I'll investigate if it dumps log files too. The
> main problem was that it didn't seem to profile within the kernel - and
> that showed up a reasonable amount in the profiling. Using oprofile, it
> didn't show up as much (presumably since its not one single function
> taking all the time).

Sysprof does make XML dumps of the profile data that can be loaded in
the GUI again. Furthermore, try sysprof from SVN where Søren has added
a new binary without a gui (sysprof-text) that does the profile and
dumps it to the XML file. And this new version is also able to profile
in the kernel. Highly recommended IMO.

Rui