[cairo] User font API

Peter Clifton pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 16 04:46:07 PST 2007

A slight distraction from profiling, I'm wondering if anything ever
became of the user font API discussed here (I don't see those API in
devhelp, so I guess not yet (at least not in 1.4.x):

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/2007-February/009539.html

Most of my rendering time was drawing lines which make up a font
internal to the CAD data I'm rendering. Having a feature to make up a
font at run time from this data would allow a graceful transition to
cairo rendering, without altering the appearance of any schematics users
have already made.

If it can't be done in cairo, perhaps I should be looking at whether I
can add fonts pragmatically from gschem's font data into pango. I'm
currently digging into the docs / source to see whether this is
possible.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton