[cairo] pyCairo Quartz support

Bobby Powers bobbypowers at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 23:56:31 PST 2007

On Nov 20, 2007, at 1:14 AM, Steven Chaplin wrote:
> You can mail this list a patch to pyCairo (against the 1.4.0 release)
> adding Quartz support and I'll check if it can be added to pyCairo
> CVS.
>
> Regards,
> Steve

I've attached the patch (against 1.4.0) and a basic python class that
uses Cairo.  It is a subclass of NSView (Apple's Objective-C class for
drawing to parts of a window - PyObjC provides the bridging support
and is included in the standard Python distribution in 10.5, I only
have one machine so I haven't tried building this on OS X v10.4), and
shows how to get the CGContextRef in python and create the context.
If you're making a NIB in Interface Builder you can then simply create
a custom view, and specify its class as 'CairoView.'

This is my first time making and submitting a patch, so if it isn't
right let me know (I use SVN for some of my own projects, but since
its me and one other person we don't really use patches).

yours,
Bobby Powers