[cairo] 3rd release candidate for cairo 1.4.12 available

Baz brian.ewins at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 18:27:20 PST 2007

On Nov 21, 2007 7:03 PM, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> After a couple of bugs were reported (missing cairo-malloc-private.h
> and missing definition of INT32_MAX on win32) we now have a third
> release-candidate snapshot for cairo 1.4.12:
>
> http://cairographics.org/snapshots/cairo-1.4.11-20071121-4df0d2.tar.gz
>
> And, as before, there's a corresponding 1.4 branch in the central git
> repository, (which has been rebuilt again with the latest fix).
>
> Thanks again for all the reports so far.

I'm afraid it's still bad :(
63e0bc28584c7d661a3a6f7e91630b39792b6de0
This fails to build when you enable atsui. The cherry uses 'return
_cairo_error(...)'  but the change that made that work
(d90d4bb6b99e0a912650234e28d097ea76c1cecc) isn't in. Looks like the
other quartz fixes after this have the same problem.

I cherry-picked that patch, it fixed things up enough to go to the next problem.

63e0bc also contains this:
-       return CAIRO_STATUS_NO_MEMORY;
+       status = CAIRO_STATUS_NO_MEMORY);
+       goto BAIL1;

Looks like a partial fix has been applied for the _cairo_error
problems, since this wasn't in the original commit. Reinserting the
'_cairo_error(' fixes this, and I can build.

Tests look much the same as 1.4.10 after that (I'll pic the REF_DIR
patches and check that properly tomorrow)

> -Carl
>
> PS. Our snapshot-naming scheme is showing a deficiency here. With two
> snapshots on the same date the only distinguishing feature of the name
> is the piece of the SHA1 which is effectively random. That is, there's
> no way to easily know which is the latest snapshot if just browsing
> the list of available files. :-/

Is there no way to upgrade to a later gitweb? The one on kernel.org
has a nifty feature to do snapshot tgz's for arbitrary commits; which
is latest is obvious because you get these browsing the history. I'm
not sure if that version would be any kinder to annarchy though.

Cheers,
Baz