[cairo] memory leak in _cairo_pattern_create_solid

Nguyen Vu Hung vuhung16plus at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 02:19:40 PDT 2007

2007/10/12, Chris Wilson <chris at chris-wilson.co.uk>:

> Yes, what you see being reported here is the cache maintained by
> fontconfig, which can be released with FcFini(). What's being cached
> here is parsed configuration data and file/directory indexes, so it
> is allocated just once and re-used.
Thank you, it took me more than a day to get FcFini() to work.
All "mem leaks" :P  are gone now.

> Once you are used to handling text using the 'toy' API, you should
> perhaps look at using Pango, and its pangocairo interface, as it handles
> the layout (including the loading of the correct fonts) of complex
> scripts. I've attached an example of using pangocairo to show how easy
> it is to get started.
Indeed, we are using only quite simple APIs of cairo like drawing
lines, polygons and some texts. The performance is great so far. For
text, we just have to display some TTF fonts in Japanese and cairo did
it good. Can you tell me the merits of pangocairo over cairo? Does it
support Unicode ( UTF-8 ) ?

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu