[cairo] Performance analysis of a Cairo application

Bill Spitzak spitzak at thefoundry.co.uk
Sat Oct 20 03:20:29 PDT 2007

Can XSync() help by adding it to the end of the fast and slow functions?
It would then report all the time in XSync but the caller as reported by
gprof would show which function was calling it.

Of course it will completely change the overall timing of the program,
but it might reveal the relative weight of things. It may be more
accurate than the image backend as it would take into account things
being written different in X and hardware acceleration.