[cairo] Cairo equivalent of Photoshop Overlay?

Jeff Muizelaar jeff at infidigm.net
Sat Oct 27 08:51:25 PDT 2007

On Sat, Oct 27, 2007 at 11:45:52AM -0400, Jeff Muizelaar wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 27, 2007 at 05:44:25PM +0200, Gerdus van Zyl wrote:
> > Is there an equivalent in Cairo of the Photoshop Overlay? I tried the
> > various set_operator modes but none deliver anything remotely useful.
> > I am trying to use a gray gradient and then color/tint it using a
> > solid color.
>
> There isn't in cairo HEAD but there is in this tree:
> http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=users/company/cairo.git;a=summary

Which makes me ask: do we have any good reasons not to merge this stuff?
We have certainly have applications that want it (poppler, swfdec,
librsvg?). I guess it would probably be a good idea to do a branch of
poppler against that tree to ensure that it meets the needs of PDF.

Benjamin, what is your opinion on the mergeability of that tree?

-Jeff