[cairo] [patch] Proposed fix for the miter bug (#7245)

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Oct 29 18:00:53 PDT 2007

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:44:15 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:
>   But I still haven't come up with a test for preventing the bug. It
>   seems like we need a "convert miter to bevel" test at the opposite
>   extreme of the existing test. The current test says, "if the angular
>   change in the slopes is too great" then convert to a bevel. But here
>   we want to convert to a bevel because the angular change is so
>   small.

Here are two patches to resolve this. The first simply adds some more
documentation for the existing miter limit calculation, (primarily a
new figure), and the second introduces the new minimum-angle
condition.

This second patch does make the currently failing get-path-extents
test pass once again.

I'd appreciate anyone looking over the diagrams and algebra to ensure
I didn't botch anything.