[cairo] Bug in PDF output with independent path/pen transformations

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Oct 30 17:32:16 PDT 2007

I just wrote a new degenerate-pen test case for the swfdec-crashing bug
that Benjamin Otte found months ago. I've fixed the original bug, but
a new one has shown up.

The test case strokes three rectangles, and each time transforms the
pen dramatically just before stroking. The first time it compresses
the pen to a vertical line, then to a horizontal line, and finally to
a line at a 45-degree angle.

The test can be viewed here:

	http://cairographics.org/~cworth/images/degenerate-pen.c

and the desired result as a png here:

	http://cairographics.org/~cworth/images/degenerate-pen-ref.png

This test accidentally exposed a new bug in the PDF backend. The
result I'm getting is as follows:

	http://cairographics.org/~cworth/images/degenerate-pen-pdf-argb32-out.pdf

Both acroread and poppler agree that that third rectangle is seriously
skewed, but it really should be axis-aligned.

Adrian, care to work some magic to diagnose this one?

I was a bit surprised to find a bug here, since I had successfully
tested independent transformations of the path and pen here:

	http://cairographics.org/~cworth/images/flourish.c
	http://cairographics.org/~cworth/images/flourish.png
	http://cairographics.org/~cworth/images/flourish.pdf