[cairo] Postscript conversion (and/or editing) using cairo

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Fri Sep 21 00:20:45 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 03:11 -0400, jimmy muldoon wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I use scientific software which only outputs postscript. I am
> interested in annoting the output, and would like either a postscript
> editor or a ps2svg converter. My question is; can anyone on this list
> recommend any recent such programs using cairo as a backend?

Hi Jimmy,

As far as I know there is none.  There are PDF and SVG rendering
libraries with cairo backends, but none for Postscript.  If you convert
PS to PDF first, you can use poppler then to convert it to svg.  There
is a short pdf2svg.c file around the net doing that.

Have fun with cairo!

behdad

--
behdad