[cairo] PDF text doesn't render

Baz brian.ewins at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 19:06:17 PDT 2007

On 23/09/2007, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:
> That patch sure looks fine, though another option would be to fix that
> file to work with other font backends too...

Ok -pushed. You're right, fixing this properly would be better; it
seems that everything we need we already have except a replacement for
FT_Get_Glyph_Name. I'll play around.

btw there's another call to FT_Load_Glyph in the type1-subset code
that can return CAIRO_STATUS_NO_MEMORY.  I'm not sure if this would
actually happen ie if we had an error loading a glyph to show it, will
we still try to use it in the subset? And if we don't find any glyph
info, and tried to ignore that error, what would end up in the subset?

Cheers,
Baz