[cairo] Corrupt image rendering in 1.5.18

Carl Worth cworth at redhat.com
Mon Apr 7 12:40:05 PDT 2008

On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 15:30:55 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> So, examination of test suite results revealed further problems
> with 1.5.18: for example the extend-reflect test has black or
> alpha borders at the reflection points.

Thanks Owen. I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't run a complete
test suite run before I sent out 1.5.18, (I did ensure the image
backend had no failures, but I didn't check all the other backends).

> So I think we need to back out all these changes for 1.6; things
> will be buggy, but in ways that apparently weren't bothering
> people much.

That sounds like a good decision. I just tested a revert of the
problematic commit I made before 1.5.18 and with the revert 19
failures that the test suite noticed went away. I haven't analyzed
which of those might have been the bug that Vladimir noticed, or
subsequent things, but clearly that commit of mine should have raised
some eyebrows, (and it only didn't because we failed to look at the
test suite).

So I definitely deserved the brown paper bag on this one. I admit it,
I didn't test as much as I should have. And I am looking forward to
the return of some automated testing for cairo, (we haven't had that
since OSDL closed the doors on its engineering work, but Vladimir has
been working toward getting something set up at mozilla).