[cairo] postscript genarated by 1.5.20 blocks Dell5100cn
ji.cerny at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 09:55:52 PDT 2008
I recently updated to rawhide with new cairo 1.5.20. Now, when I try
to print a pdf file it simply blocks our Dell5100cn printer for more
than 60 minutes (may be more, I switched off the printer after this
time. It is not possible to cancel the job). It happens with at least
3 different PDF's so it does not seem to be file dependent.
I did some bisecting and what I get is following:
6f9d71c10bf3e38c88378950037d1c81a2413617 is first bad commit
Author: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson at redneon.com>
Date: Thu Feb 7 00:28:19 2008 +1030
Make PS backend use cairo-pdf-operators.c
- Replace PS prolog with new prolog that emulates PDF operators
- Remove the [1 0 0 -1 0 height] ctm on each page. PS and PDF surfaces
now both transform all output to PS/PDF coordinates.
- Invert images to match PDF images where (0,0) is top left
- emit_surface_pattern now uses the same transform as PDF
- move the special dash handling into cairo-pdf-operators.c
:040000 040000 f9c645fcd752cad4ba5a4f64bbf8b48079713b51
4f5b1d9acb53104d9b1def4bf132c94405542139 M src
The postscripts files that are generated during the bisecting are
always viewable by gv (Some of them have some moved glyphs), so there
is probably some bad interaction with the printer.
It might be related to bug 15348 ?
I can post the files and do some other testing, but better tomorow.
Thanks for your help.
More information about the cairo