[cairo] downscaling capabilities

Frédéric Plourde frederic.plourde at polymtl.ca
Sat Apr 19 06:35:22 PDT 2008

Thanks Bill for that "state of the art" about resampling techniques ;-)

   Just to answer your last question and to be sure we understand each
other, .. no, no... I was not thinking about MipMaping at all. I don't
think it's well suited to cairo/pixman neither.

I said that I was going to implement a simple low-pass filter (surely
gaussian) in space-domain... it means : a convolution kernel (just like
your "box filtering" that you mentionned). I just used another term to
refer to it.

However, the important thing is to adaptively adapt the size of that
gaussian convolution kernel to the scaling factor...
let's keep in touch 'bout that.
-fred-