[cairo] Patterns in PDF output

Kristof Van Landschoot kristof at coin-c.com
Mon Apr 21 00:38:01 PDT 2008

Hello,

We've upgraded to Cairo 1.6.4 and even though the improvements are
impressive there's one thing that seems lacking for us.

When outputting a pattern fill it seems a new PDF pattern is created for
each time we use the fill on a path.  This is not wrong in itself, but we
have some files where a pattern is reused a lot and that makes the PDF file
becomes pretty heavy.  To the extent that Acrobat Reader refuses to render
them and Preview on OS X starts to bog down.

Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks,
Kristof