[cairo] Trouble installing Cairo

Gargeya, Radha rgargeya at egenera.com
Fri Apr 25 05:34:08 PDT 2008

Hi:

This is a follow up to my previous email where I had trouble installing
Cairo 1.6.4. The problem then was missing xrender. I found xrender and
its dependencies.

Xrender needs

  libX11 which needs

    xproto

    xextproto

    xtrans

    xcb-xlib which needs

      xcb-proto

      pthread-stubs

      Xau

      check

      xdmcp

I installed all the packages, but I am still unable to complete the
installation of Cairo.

But I still get error messages in xcb-xlib configure (some test compile
errors) and make. I am attaching those files.

The make excerpt follows.

Make:

xmlXPathCompiledEval: 1 object left on the stack /usr/bin/xsltproc
--stringparam mode header \

            --stringparam base-path /usr/local/share/xcb/ \

            --stringparam extension-path /usr/local/share/xcb/ \

            -o xv.h ./c-client.xsl xv.xml

xmlXPathCompOpEval: function split not found Error xpath.c:9637:
Unregistered function

xmlXPathCompiledEval: 1 object left on the stack

Thanks for your help.

- Radha