[cairo] Cairo ported to Syllable

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Aug 13 15:22:38 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 15:34 +0400, Rohan wrote:
> Do you know that Cairo was ported to Syllable few time ago?

No, I don't think I'd heard of this, (nor heard of Syllable for that
matter).

> Please add information about this port to Cairo documentation.

Please feel free to add what you'd like to the cairographics.org
website.

> Here is some examples:
> http://www.jarvoll.se/syllable/files/cairo_1.png
> http://www.jarvoll.se/syllable/files/cairo_4.png

Oddly enough, that doesn't look much like cairo to me. It looks like
somebody has implemented a different 2D graphics API, (perhaps using
cairo). For example, names like "Graphics" and "SetPen" don't exist in
cairo at all, and a concept like a "Path" object is not in cairo either.
And I can't even imagine what "Begin" and "End" do.

But, thanks for sharing.

If someone wanted to do a more "true cairo" for Syllable, then this
document might be useful:

	http://www.cairographics.org/manual/language-bindings.html