[cairo] cairomm exception handling questions

Ian Britten britten at caris.com
Thu Aug 14 08:35:55 PDT 2008

Murray Cumming wrote:
>> patch
>
> actually, jonner seems to be working on this.

Many thanks!  I see this in the release notes for the new version.

Admittedly, (And, I think earlier posts alluded to this), most of
the exceptions I've seen so far are due my own programming errors.
Do I gather then that cairo/cairomm don't make use of debugging
assertions, and instead use run-time handling ("nil" objects,
exceptions, etc) to deal with programmer errors?

Thanks
Ian