[cairo] Polygon fill styles?

Ian Britten britten at caris.com
Wed Aug 20 07:52:47 PDT 2008

Hi all,
[ Disclaimer - I'm fearing that most Cairo-purists will cringe
at this question, but I've got to ask...  :( ]

Does cairo have any built-in support for any of the typical
quick-and-dirty polygon fill styles that many toolkits provide?
eg:  http://docs.wxwidgets.org/stable/wx_wxbrush.html#wxbrushsetstyle
I didn't seem to see anything.

(Ya, I know they're device-dependent, non-accurate, etc.  We've do
rigorous stuff for when the fills have to be controlled exactly.
This is typically just for quick, "good-enough" fills)

Failing any native cairo support, does anyone have any suggestions
(Or maybe example code! :) ) for doing stuff like this?  I'm
suspect it'll be something to do with a cairo_pattern_t...  (But
that's just one of many cairo things I haven't learned yet...)

Thanks for any information/suggestions!
Ian