[cairo] line width questions

Bill Spitzak spitzak at thefoundry.co.uk
Wed Aug 20 12:35:06 PDT 2008

It does sound like SVG has zero mean an invisible line.

Since zero line width is not going to be accepted, I think the proper
cairo API would be to add a function that turns hairline mode on. You
turn it off by setting the line width to any value (including zero).

The reason for this apparently strange way of turning it off is that it
is necessary if cairo can be implemented on backends that use linewidth
of zero to indicate hairline mode, and to avoid any questions about what
different line widths mean in hairline mode, so that a different
high-speed line-drawing algorithm can be used. The line caps and joins
may be ignored as well but changing them does not turn off hairline mode.

--
Bill Spitzak, Senior Software Engineer
The Foundry, 618 Hampton Drive, Venice, CA, 90291, USA