[cairo] Private Headers

mike at liquido2.com mike at liquido2.com
Thu Aug 21 09:55:35 PDT 2008

I have a bit of a silly question.  I recently ported cairo to an Amiga
architecture.  The library seems to build just fine.  But when
attempting to write a program using Cairo I getting a compiler error
stating the struct _cairo is not defined in cairo.h.

After some investigating, I see that this is true.  struct _cairo is
defined in cairo-private.h which is not included with cairo.h.

I'm guessing the Cairo is using some type of library data
encapsulation and that these private types are resolved at link- or
run-time.  Is this correct?

If the above is correct, what can be done about systems with libraries
that do not support structure definitions inside a library?  Should I
just include the appropriate private headers before cairo.h or is
there a more elegant way?

Thanks,
Mike