[cairo] Accelerated Cairo over EXA

Shachar Kaufman shachar.kaufman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 00:46:26 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I posted this question on the Screenlets mailing list and they kinda
deflected the fireball to you guys :)

I wanted to know why on my pretty slow machine (which has no OpenGL
acceleration) Screenlets perform so poorly. To be more specific, my machine
has pretty complete and quite fast EXA acceleration, but logging calls seen
by the X video driver I don't see any transforms which I would expect to see
plenty of. Something like this would dramatically improve performance.

Doesn't Cairo use XRenderSetPictureTransform and XRenderSetPictureFilter
etc' to implement scaling, rotation etc' operations?
Maybe I need a newer version? (I tried using Debian stable and unstable
distros)

Comtraya!