[cairo] High Quality ImagePattern Scaling

Øyvind Kolås pippin at gimp.org
Wed Aug 27 14:29:58 PDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 12:16 PM, Andrew Ingram
<andrew.ingram at titanemail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Having explored other options i've come to try using pycairo to resize
> and rotate some png images. The problem i'm having is that no matter
> what options I specify, I can't seem to get the resized images to be of
> a high quality, the output is very pixelated even without rotating.

Currently cairo doesn't perform very well when scaling an image down.
It uses interpolation in a way that can result in source pixels being
completely thrown away and not taken into consideration for the
scaling.

/Øyvind K.
 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/ http://ffii.org/