[cairo] Cairo testing for LSB

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Sat Aug 30 09:51:14 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 10:13 -0400, Stew Benedict wrote:
[snip]
> Is the additional log data I put on:
>
> http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/CairoTesting40
>
> (things like Error: 112333 pixels differ from reference image
> ./clip-operator-ref.png)
>
> enough to be useful or is there another way I can get at the details you
> need?

By itself it wasn't, but I see you've added links to the image results -
excellent.

I've just started to undertake an overhaul of the test suite. The
principal goal is to significantly speed up make check after modifying
the cairo sources. But as part of this work I intend to enable the suite
to be run against any cairo version, so that I can use a single
reference point to track changes of behaviour throughout history, in a
manner similar to cairo-perf-diff.

Presumably this should make it easier for the Linux Foundation to
perform its LSB testing? And therefore be easier for you contribute any
new tests upstream?

So the question to the list at large: How do we feel about installing
"cairo-test-suite" and offering it up for packaging?

Plus if you have any pet peeves about the current system, shout now!
[You can also add them to the end of http://cairographics.org/todo]
--
Chris Wilson