[cairo] unexpected behaviour image pattern fill

Theo Veenker Theo.Veenker at let.uu.nl
Sun Aug 31 09:57:22 PDT 2008

Hi,

I have noticed strangeness with some backends when filling a path
using an image pattern. I don't know if these problems are yet known.
Applies to cairo-1.6.4.

The svg backend does CAIRO_EXTEND_REPEAT when CAIRO_EXTEND_NONE or
CAIRO_EXTEND_PAD selected.

For PDF and PS for CAIRO_EXTEND_PAD behaves like CAIRO_EXTEND_NONE.
I suppose the feature hasn't been implemented yet?

With the xlib backend drawing a rectangle filled with an CAIRO_EXTEND_NONE
image pattern and then rotating that path, for some angles the bounding
box of the fill is opaque black instead of tranparent. See attached
image. Run the xpatfill test program to test this (use cursor up/down
to rotate). The image, svg, pdf, and ps backends don't show this
behaviour.

I didn't check if similar problems exist with gradient patterns.

Regards,
Theo