[cairo] cairo-created PDFs are too large

Isenko Evgeny isenko at po.gsinet.co.jp
Tue Dec 2 16:37:00 PST 2008

Hello,

PDF files, created with Cairo, seem to be much bigger than I expected.

PDFs contain only simple graphics and some japanese text. It seems that
using even small number of japanese letters makes the size of the output
PDF much bigger. A similar PDF created with iTextSharp library was only
20 kB against 100 kB of the PDF created with Cairo.

Would someone give me advice how to decrease the size of the output PDFs?

PS: For text drawing I use pango and pangocairo.

Thanks for any help.

Evgeny