[cairo] Font issues in PS and PDF

Adrian Johnson ajohnson at redneon.com
Wed Dec 3 05:22:30 PST 2008

James Cloos wrote:
> I did some more testing.  Printing from firefox3 turns out to be a useful
> way to test this.
> The fontname appended to the hash should be the PostScript Name, not the
> Full Name.  Ie, for sfnts, in ttx format, nameID="6".  And, of course,
> the /FontName record from a type1 dict.
> Otherwise:
> Signed-off-by: James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>
> -JimC

I've updated my patches to use the PostScript name for TrueType and CFF 
fonts. There are in the "font-name" branch at:


I have not yet fixed the Type 1 subsetting to preserve the PS name.

More information about the cairo mailing list