[cairo] PDF backend: PDF trailer not written?

Sascha Steinbiss steinbiss at zbh.uni-hamburg.de
Fri Dec 5 10:00:38 PST 2008

Adrian Johnson wrote:
> I am unable to reproduce the bug. Is it possible to extract a test case
> that reproduces the bug? If you run valgrind with a debug enabled
> version of cairo it should show the line number where the uninitialised
> access occurs.

Yes,  I can provide a test case, but unfortunately it is not minimal. As
I was not able to find the faulty location and/or combination of cairo
operations, you will need to get a copy of GenomeTools. I have prepared
a test case in the 'for_aj' branch of
git://github.com/satta/genometools.git.

You can build genometools by simply using 'make', append '64bit=yes' to
build for a 64bit system.

An example call of the problematic tool can be found in cairo_error_run.sh.

I have also attached a valgrind session with line numbers present, I
have also looked at the respective positions in the cairo code
(_cairo_pdf_operators_emit_glyph) but am not familiar enough with the
environment there to be of much help. I do not see how I could be
manipulating the cairo_glyph_t's there...

Thanks in advance,
Sascha