[cairo] cairo on 64-bit?

Malcolm Tredinnick malcolm at pointy-stick.com
Sat Dec 6 15:53:31 PST 2008

On Sat, 2008-12-06 at 03:03 -0800, David Melik wrote:
> Has anyone compiled cairo on 64-bit Linux such as Slamd64?  When I do, I
> get about 23Kb completely of errors, which follow (even when trying
> Slamd64's special compiling instructions.)  When I tried to compile the
> ui 'awesome;' it said to get many files, leading to cairo....
>
> --David
>
> PS. the error message:
>
> In file included from init.c:36:
> cairo-5c.h:72:28: error: nickle/builtin.h: No such file or directory

All of the errors are immediate consequences of this. There's no init.c
file in the cairo source, so where did that file come from and why is it
trying to build something nickle-related if you don't have the nickle
development files installed? Work that out and you're most of the way to
solving the problem.

There's nothing 64-bit related in this error message, so either there's
some extra information you haven't mentioned or you have the cart firmly
before the horse. The error message here is telling you what the problem
is.

Regards,
Malcolm