[cairo] cairomm .def file

Armin Burgmeier armin at arbur.net
Mon Dec 8 09:51:53 PST 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 15:40 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 11:44 +0100, Stefan Klug wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > I hope this is the right place for cairomm questions.
> >
> > I'm having a hard time compiling cairomm for winCE under MSVC (I'd be
> > happy doing it under a gcc build chain, but gcc and MSVC are C++ ABI
> > incompatible).
> > Everything compiles, but I can't get it to generate an appropriate
> > import .lib.
> > As cairomm doesn't use __declspec(dllexport), I need a .def file
> > containing all exports.
> > But where do I get one?
> > MSDN says DEF files are generated by hand, but there must be some magic
> > generating the DEF file for cairomm (as the files cairomm.def are
> > explicitely ignored in the git repository...)
>
> CCing Armin Burgmeier (this time with the correct email address) who
> built cairomm (and gtkmm) on Windows with MSVC++, among other compilers,
> and who created the MSVC++ project files that are in cairomm's tarball
> and git. Hopefully he can comment.

[Resending to cairo mailing list now that I'm subscribed]

I don't know much about Windows CE, but can't you simply use one of the
MSVC project files in the MSVC_Net2005/ or MSVC_Net2008/ subfolders?

The .def files are generated by a utility program called gendef, see
MSVC_Net2008/gendef in cairomm git or a tarball. I think you can
generate a .def file with it. The MSVC project does this
(automatically).

Armin