[cairo] toy font fails to display

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Thu Dec 25 05:36:06 PST 2008

>>>>> "Jim" == James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com> writes:
>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Wilson <chris at chris-wilson.co.uk> writes:

Jim> When I try cairo-view with @cairo: I see only the baseline and the
Jim> two boxes; no glyphs are displayed.

Chris> Same here, but only on debian sid/ppc.

Jim> Lsof verifies that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is honoured and the version of
Jim> libcairo.so.2.10901.0 which is in ~/src/cairo/src/.libs is loaded.

Chris> Not so for debian sid/amd64. It appears there that for an
Chris> application/library compiled against cairo-1.6 (i.e. before the
Chris> version number revamp), ld.so will not link it against cairo-1.8.

I'm doing it on a x86 32-bit gentoo box; everything dependent on cairo
was recompiled since 1.8.

Jim> Everything works as expected if I pass a font fontconfig can find,
Jim> only the toy font fails.

Chris> Similarly, it works if I replace "show_text();" with "text_path();
Chris> fill();".

Yes, that also works here.

-JimC