[cairo] Howto: insert anchors into cairo-generated PDF or SVG graphics ?

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Feb 5 09:57:33 PST 2008

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 12:49:38 -0500, John Ellson wrote:
> Is there a cairo-api that can be used to place anchor annotations around
> blocks of cairo graphic objects in output formats that support them,
> such as SVG or PDF ?

There's not any API for this yet. But we've had an item on our TODO
list for just about forever saying that it would definitely be a nice
thing to have.

I think we're just waiting for someone to take it from the "it would
be nice" stage to something more concrete by starting an
implementation.

> Or can anyone suggest any hacks or kludges that would let me do
> this?

I hope you'll get some feedback to this question, since hacks and
kludges might actually help direct the way toward a real solution.