[cairo] [cairo-commit] 2 commits - src/cairo-os2.h src/cairo-os2-surface.c

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Wed Feb 6 15:25:35 PST 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 15:07 -0800, Peter Weilbacher wrote:

> +/**
> + * cairo_os2_init:
> + *
> + * Initializes the Cairo library. This function is automatically
> called if
> + * Cairo was compiled to be a DLL (however it's not a problem if it's
> called
> + * multiple times). But if you link to Cairo statically, you have to
> call it
> + * once to set up Cairo's internal structures and mutexes.
> + *
> + * Since: 1.4
> + **/
>  cairo_public void
>  cairo_os2_init (void)
>  {

Why do you need this?  This function is not in the spirit of cairo.

Mutex initialization should happen automatically.  If you need this for
FcInit(), we can make that automatic too.  BTW, the code in there
assumes that freetype font backend is compiled in unconditionally.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759