[cairo] [Fwd: Re: Uniform Line Widths]

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Fri Feb 22 12:16:50 PST 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 13:38 -0500, Bill Spitzak wrote:

> I think what is being requested here is that the pen not change when the
> ctm changes. Instead the pen is transformed by the ctm at the moment it
> is specified and remains constant size after that. Currently the pen is
> transformed by the ctm each time it is used.
>
> I would also like to see this (along with a matching fix for fonts,
> which I consider a good deal more important as it is currently
> impossible to use the Cairo ctm to position labels without also
> transforming the text). Carl certainly discussed it too and was thinking
> of making this change but this was dropped?

Bill,

We all very well remember this issue.  Last time Carl started doing a
patch but there were unresolved issues, so this was dropped.  You are
more than welcome to prepare a patch.

Back to the thread, I think Bobby's questions was in fact what I
answered.  His main goal was to get a circle pen instead of an ellipse.

behdad