[cairo] Font embedding options

Hans-Jürgen Koch hjk at linutronix.de
Mon Jan 7 23:59:02 PST 2008

Am Mon, 07 Jan 2008 18:19:59 -0500
schrieb Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org>:

> Thinking about how to let apps adjust font embedding, I think
> cairo_font_options_t is the right way for it to go.  Making
> cairo_surface_set_font_options() public makes it easy to for example
> create a Postscript surface and disable TrueType embedding on it, then
> pass it around to drawing code...
>
> Of course there's the question of what the API should look like.

I'd like to see two options:

CAIRO_EMBED_FONT: Embed the font in the output file yes/no

CAIRO_PLAIN_TEXT: If set, output the plain text string to the file.

Both options would be ignored by backends other than PS, PDF, SVG.
If you don't want to make cairo_font_options_t public, you'd need
access functions like

cairo_font_options_[gs]et_embed_font()
cairo_font_options_[gs]et_plain_text()

If they were there, I guess they'd be used quite frequently by
programmers who generate file output.

Thanks,
Hans