[cairo] Introduction and AROS port

Robert Norris rob at cataclysm.cx
Mon Jan 14 19:47:42 PST 2008

Hi list,

I've been working the last few days on porting cairo to AROS, a free
clone of the Amiga operating system (http://aros.org/). It will be used
initially as the engine behind our upcoming port of WebKit, but I also
want to experiment with replacing our core graphics library with cairo
(with emulation for the existing API) as they are conceptually quite
similar but cairo is far more advanced.

So far I have enough implemented that the rgb24 and argb32 tests pass. I
still have to implement alpha-only surfaces and fonts, but I see no
major issues with making it happen. The backend interface is very nice,
thank you :)

While I'm only targetting AROS at this stage, the code is pretty generic
and should work with minor tweaks on AmigaOS and MorphOS (another
AmigaOS clone). I hope that once its ready it can be included in cairo
proper.

For the interested, my repository is available here:

    http://cataclysm.cx/git/cairo.git
    http://cataclysm.cx/git/cgit.cgi?r=cairo

I try to update from master every few days.

Cheers,
Rob.