[cairo] postscript Error: /rangecheck in --xyshow--

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Thu Jan 24 21:30:58 PST 2008

On 2008-01-24 22:52-0500 Tamas K Papp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> gv/evince chokes an a PS file generated by cairo, with the following error message:
>
> ---- begin ----
> Error: /rangecheck in --xyshow--

> Any help would be appreciated.  I am using the 1.4.14-1 version of the
> libcairo2 Debian package.

This and other PostScript backend errors were discussed in the thread
started by me at
http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2007-November/012147.html and
continued into December.  The upshot was the fixes had already been done for
these problems and there were assurances they would get into the 1.4.14
release of cairo.  The release notes for that release also mentioned in a
general way that these PostScript fixes had been put in. However, I haven't
yet had a chance to try 1.4.14, and the above error message looks awful
familiar so I am now concerned the PostScript fixes somehow fell through the
cracks and did not actually get in to 1.4.14.

I should get a chance to try 1.4.14 next week, but hopefully the PostScript
situation with 1.4.14 will be clarified before then by somebody with more
immediate access.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).