[cairo] 1.6: cairo_xlib_surface_get_xrender_format

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Sun Jan 27 21:45:22 PST 2008

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:43:35 -0800, Carl Worth wrote:
> As for 1.6, there's a lot that has already been done, but there's also
> a fair amount left. Here are the 5 items on the roadmap currently and
> who's "on the hook" for each of them:
> 	• .._get_xrender_format	cworth

Here are the two patches to add the new
cairo_xlib_surface_get_xrender_format. The first adds the API, and the
second adds a test.

Here's the API:

	/**
	 * cairo_xlib_surface_get_xrender_format
	 * @surface: an xlib surface created by
	 * cairo_xlib_surface_create_with_render_format
	 *
	 * Return value: the XRenderPictFormat* with which the surface was
	 * originally created, (or NULL if the surface is not an xlib surface
	 * or if the Render extension is not available).
	 */
	XRenderPictFormat *
	cairo_xlib_surface_get_xrender_format (cairo_surface_t *surface);

Hmm... on rereading that, the documentation could perhaps still be
updated. This function works for any xlib surface, not necessarily one
created with cairo_xlib_surface_create_with_xrender_format, (the
Render protocol guarantees as much).

But I don't think it even hurts to have it documented in the more
restricted way above either.